Guilty Pleasures: Chinese Deep Fried Dough


A continuation of my unhealthy obsession with an unhealthy snack.

OK, so this isn't exactly a deep fried dough but have you seen these magnificent beast of a curry puff? Forget those puny ones with not-so-crunchy or even (*shudders*) soft skin. These are layer upon layer of crispiness. They are relatively huge too (for a puff, that is).

I bought this from a traveling salesman in the Dengkil food court. Not that he was decked in a tie and suit with a briefcase of curry puffs. Just your ordinary Chinese uncle peddling them from table to table, going from one location to another with his trusty, (possibly) rusty motorbike. My first (and unfortunately, last) time was an explosion of deliciousness with its crispy skin. The filling was rather filling generous with quite a bit of potato and quarter of an egg in there. Ever since then, I've been on the lookout for these but they always appear at the wrong times e.g. after dinner =\

It really lies in the skin to send you to seventh heaven. Do you know of any good ones in PJ?

 Apart from crullers, there are other forms of carbs which I adore. These are my Friday post lunch snack. Why? Because I am a pitiful woman with no self control.

 Sometimes, I go overboard and buy a little bit of everything which ends up being a lot. Thanks, Mother Nature for the hormones. 

Deep fried bun with glutinous rice. Savory around the edges with a sweet middle, this can be enjoyed even when it's not freshly made. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had it fresh fresh.

Comments